Skip to main content

Outsource Wearable Object: Concept Generation

 

   These are my concepts that I've come up with. I only did 16 initial ones because I felt like I had a set of very different idea's just playing around with different concepts. 


   Currently, I'm leaning towards 4, 9, 10, 12, and 14. Though #4 might be lacking some originality and stability in the design. #9 really depends on how it will look in 3D, could look very awkward when I throw it into Rhino. #10 seems a little basic, but I think it might look cool as a design that's exaggerated enough to not be an "everyday" ring, but not too crazy so it's still wearable. #12 I think would be pretty cool, I haven't seen anything like this design yet. Even though it's inspired by the wood and resin style of rings that create a night sky or flames inside the resin. I think that might be a cool design however, the materials that need to be used in that might not work since there's a variety of colour, transparency, and material. It would look unique rendered though. #14 seems like a metal welding project, which isn't terrible. But might be too simple or not crazy enough for a wearable object that's similar to a sculpture on a ring. 
    Overall I have 5 designs that have their flaws and have a unique look to them. In the end, maybe after the discussion and feedback, I could mash up two designs or revisit one of the rings to exaggerate it further. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4. Parametric Structure Scale Model (Digital) (ii)

Title: Lap Wave Desk Inspiration: Ocean/Wave glass sculptures and The Great Wave off Kanagawa print by Hokusai Difference from typical furniture: A typical lap desk is formal looking, just metal and a plain one colour platform. I wanted something that's less traditional and more sculpture base, one that looks like an art piece and might benefit some users with the wave patterns as holders.  Function: It's a lap desk! Those computer desks are portable and you can put them on your lap to hold your laptop on. Others might use it as a standing desk by putting it on top of a regular table Intended Location: Homes and maybe a less traditional office Intended Audience: Students, office workers, people who need to do work standing or work portable Here are the renders for my lap desk, I made two versions of it. One in an Oak material, one in transparent plastic with a slight blue colour just to make sure it would appear in the render. I made the decision of the transparent one bec...

Reverse Engg Object: Process II

  After many struggles, I've finally begun doing the 3D version. I was stuck on creating the curved in the area for the scissors where the blade began to slant down. However, once I finished the more tricky side of the scissors (took a solid 4.5 hours), I created the second side in half the time! I tried rendering the separate blades and handles with metal and plastic for the materials. And it finally began looking like the pair of scissors I was trying to recreate!     All I'm missing now is creating the screw that holds the two sides together, though I realized this week that I couldn't' exactly take out the screw. So I have to figure out an alternative way to view it, and calculate it!

6) Parametric furniture Group Project (Final Concepting)

  Well well well, we had a lot of elements from group 2's design where we wanted to create and join together. But we've decided to limit it to just the bookshelf and bench for now, creating the rod so it can potentially be worked on in the future if we or other OBDF students would like to. We definitely don't have enough time to work on everything we initially planned for, nor the material even though we could really push it and use every inch we can to fit everything onto the 6-8 pieces we have. This week we wanted to combine the maze design with the bench to really create a unison look, along with figuring out how the maze would print on the CNC without the pieces being too flimsy.  For the bench group we were discussing how pieces could potentially interlock with each other so that it can be built without nails or screws. Reference the really messy white board drawing ideas we have down below. But to a certain extent we still want the pieces to be easily assembled and ca...