Skip to main content

OBDF 210 - Castle


   This is my process for the castle project, it's been a while since I've played with the Rhino 6 program so this was a great recap. The biggest struggle I had was trying to figure out how to BooleanDifference the tower pieces initially, I kept selecting the wrong pieces to cut out of. Mine became very symmetrical (for now?) and sort of empty inside the outer walls. 
    Started with the towers, and then I did the walls with the circular "carvings" into the top for decoration. I tried to do the entire interior design with rooms and doors but quickly realized the walls would have covered the details eventually anyways, so I just left the castle with four rooms.







Comments

  1. I love the how you added the curves on top of the walls, really give that castle look! If that makes sense haha. Like how you added the draw bridge too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful toy castle! Great style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for walking us through your process. Really great insight to the tedious work behind your amazing final!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4. Parametric Structure Scale Model (Digital) (ii)

Title: Lap Wave Desk Inspiration: Ocean/Wave glass sculptures and The Great Wave off Kanagawa print by Hokusai Difference from typical furniture: A typical lap desk is formal looking, just metal and a plain one colour platform. I wanted something that's less traditional and more sculpture base, one that looks like an art piece and might benefit some users with the wave patterns as holders.  Function: It's a lap desk! Those computer desks are portable and you can put them on your lap to hold your laptop on. Others might use it as a standing desk by putting it on top of a regular table Intended Location: Homes and maybe a less traditional office Intended Audience: Students, office workers, people who need to do work standing or work portable Here are the renders for my lap desk, I made two versions of it. One in an Oak material, one in transparent plastic with a slight blue colour just to make sure it would appear in the render. I made the decision of the transparent one bec...

Quick 3D printing tutorial

  Hey everyone who's reading my blog, here's a quick tutorial for people who just need a refresh of how to 3D print. But for sure make an appointment with technician if you need a full tutorial.  RHINO STEPS: 1) Select your objects that you want to 3D print, go file > export selected 2) Make sure your object is exported as an STL, Binary option!!! 3) A slider window should show up, adjust accordingly: more polygons means higher res of your object, which is great if you're printing something detailed or small, less polygon is good for faster printing. PRUSA SLICER: **Link from Object.digital, download for whatever you need for your comp https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/releases 1) When opening this, select Prusa i3 MK2.5 printer with a nozzle diameter size of 0.4mm. THIS IS IMPORTANT TO CHANGE!!! 2) After you've chosen these selections, save the printer info and a diff window with the plater header should show up. Click the cube with a plus sign 3) Import your S...

Reverse Engg Object: Process II

  After many struggles, I've finally begun doing the 3D version. I was stuck on creating the curved in the area for the scissors where the blade began to slant down. However, once I finished the more tricky side of the scissors (took a solid 4.5 hours), I created the second side in half the time! I tried rendering the separate blades and handles with metal and plastic for the materials. And it finally began looking like the pair of scissors I was trying to recreate!     All I'm missing now is creating the screw that holds the two sides together, though I realized this week that I couldn't' exactly take out the screw. So I have to figure out an alternative way to view it, and calculate it!